Saturday, January 5, 2013

(Sasquatch) Footprints in the Sand


Git em, Lord!  Just up and save me, my God!  Hit all my enemies smack in the mouth and make ‘em snaggletoothed!  (Psalm 3:7, The Hillbilly Bible Series)


Onced upon a time I had a dream that I was lookin' back on my life and they was some footprints...me and King Jesus just a strollin' along purdy as ya please.  And then I seen some big ole footprints come along kindly perpendicular to me and King Jesus as we was a strollin' along mindin' our own b'ness. Looked like they was a runnin' up on account these footprints was big and deep and ugly. And then it looked they they was a scuffle, with footprints ever where and it looked like I seen a big ole nasty brown tooth in the sand. And then you see the big ole footprints go a runnin' off like a scalded dawg.  And then there's just me and Jesus' footprints just a strollin' along again....



Anybody out there feel like they was attacked by a big ole nasty Sasquatch in 2012? I can relate!  The devil has flat got it in fer us, y'all. And if'n yer makin' some headway fer the Kingdom, man he will stop at nuthin' to bring ye down. I been hounded, knocked out, knocked down, burnt up, beat up and warshed out, and that was just in January of 2012!

But I'm still hill here.  Somebody told me that was courageous.  Honey, that ain't courage.  Man, I held on to King Jesus just a squealin' like a thirteen year ole girl at a Elvis concert in '56.  I held on fer dear life, until He beat up the Squatches in my life and they up and runoft. 



I'm a Jesus guy. I'm a grace guy. I ain't got no other tale to tell but Jesus and Grace. I'm like a guitar with one string and I just keep twangin' on that one ole string.  King Jesus is why I'm here. His Love is the Best. And I'd give up ever'thang to git it and keep it. I need it like a ole crack junky.

I cain't promise y'all silver. And I cain't promise ye gold. But what I got I give to ye freely. King Jesus come up into this here ole world to save sinners and yer lookin' at the head honcho....so guess what? That means they's hope fer you too....He'll give ye the love you always wanted and needed...straight up in yer heart where it hurts the most....and He'll beat up the Sasquatches in yer life and leave 'em snaggletoothed and runnin' fer cover.

They's a reason they call it Good News. 

Stevie Rey is a rockstar wannabe and the author of The Hillbilly Bible.  He resides in Memphis, Tennessee where there is no shortage of rockstars and a peculiar absence of Sasquatches.

 

No comments: